Posted on April 24, 2019
Weighing the Cost of Moving into a Skilled Nursing Facility Like Luxor Nursing and Rehabilitation at Mills Pond
At Luxor Nursing and Rehabilitation at Mills Pond, in addition to world-class care by health professionals in our state-of-the-art rehabilitation facilities, residents experience a quality of life that is unmatched in senior living communities.
That being said, many seniors are hesitant to leave their home, even if they have trouble maintaining it and require routine in-home care services.
One of the biggest reasons we find that people are hesitant to make the move is the cost. However, we find if you weigh your expenses against the planned cost of living at a place like Luxor Mills Pond, more often than not, people are pleasantly surprised.
Create a Spreadsheet
Figure out your current expenses by doing the following:
- Figure out your monthly income, assets, and debts.
- If you own a house, estimate the money you will receive from selling it and add that amount to your assets.
- Account for all of the costs associated with maintaining your home. That includes a mortgage (if you have one), taxes, property insurance, maintenance costs, repair bills, home security, and utilities (gas, electric, water, cable, phone, internet, etc.).
- Try to save receipts for a month on all food purchases, including those from the grocery store and at restaurants. Senior facilities like Luxor Mills Pond include chef-prepared meals as part of the monthly cost.
- Total up the cost of any in-home care you receive, including things like medical alert buttons, bracelets, or other devices that may have a subscription service associated with it.
Whatever your total amount comes out to, have that information handy when exploring the cost of living at a community like Luxor Mills Pond.
Additionally, insurance programs, Medicare, and Medicaid will also contribute to living in a skilled nursing facility, so contact your provider to understand the benefits and services available to you through those programs.
Many Other Positive Benefits are Included in Our Lifestyle
There are also tangible benefits to living in a vibrant community. In addition to the peace of mind of having professional care available around the clock, our activities department helps residents stay active and socially engaged, and options to maintain or improve health and fitness are readily available.
Please contact us at http://www.millspondluxor.com/ to discuss your options further with our friendly staff and schedule a personalized tour!